Home > Persistent Preparation > Practice interview questions
· Tell me something about yourself.
· What is the toughest analytical problem you have faced? How did you solve it?
· How do you gather information and analyze problems?
· Describe an instance when you had to think on your feet in order to extricate yourself from a difficult situation
· Tell me about a time you found errors in your work. What caused the errors? What did you do?
· When working on a team project, have you had disagreements with your team members? What did you do?
· What was your most challenging personal encounter with someone? How did you deal with that individual?
· Give me an example where you mediated a conflict
· Tell me a time when you had to be assertive
· Tell me of a time when your active listening skills really paid off
· Tell me of a time when you had to present complex information. How did you ensure that the other person understood?
· When were you able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see your way
· When did you have to use your written communication skills? What was the outcome?
· Give me an example where you pushed yourself to do more than the minimum
· Tell me about projects that you have initiated. What prompted you to begin them?
· Give me example of a situation that could not have happened successfully without you being there
Planning and organization
· How do you determine priorities in scheduling your time? Give an example
· Give me an example of an important personal goal you set. Tell me about your success in reaching that
· Describe a situation when you had many projects or assignments due at the same time. What did you do to get all of them done?
· Describe a time when you needed to function effectively under ambiguous circumstances
· Describe a situation when you were able to overcome ‘personality conflict’ to achieve results
· Tell me about a time when you influenced the outcome of a project by taking a leadership role
· Describe your leadership style and give me an example of a situation where you successfully led a group
· Tell me about a time when you had to lead people that did not want to be led
· Describe a time when a team member came to you for help. What was the situation? What did you do?
· When did you provide a solution that was outside the box?
· Tell me about a time when you came up with a breakthrough idea
· Tell me about a recent brainstorming session you participated in. what was your role?
· What is the most creative thing you have done?
· Give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision
· Describe a time you had to defend your business/ideas
· Summarize a situation when you had to choose from multiple great ideas. How did you decide?
· Can you remember a time when you needed to deliver a sensitive message to someone whose reaction you were unsure of? What was the situation? How did you approach it?
· Tell me about a time when you felt truly collaborative in working with others. Describe your role in the team.
· Tell me about someone who was difficult to get along with. How did you handle it?
· How do you stay focused during lengthy or tedious work sessions?
Commitment to personal growth
· Define your standards for success in your last job. Describe what you did to meet those standards.
· Tell me about a toughest challenge you faced during the past year. How did you handle it?
Resources for more practice interview questions
All rights reserved by Shabbir Sharaf